Main Street Church – Study Tour
JERUSALEM UNIVERSITY COLLEGE (JUC)
JUC short-term programs of study are quite different from typical “Holy Land” Tours. We are an academic institution not a tourist agency. These programs have been developed over five decades of experience in the land. Our programs visit sites not normally viewed by typical holy land tours. Daily hiking can be rigorous and sustained in rugged terrain. Participants must be in good physical condition.
Our instructors are far more than just “licensed tour guides“. They are academically qualified faculty members of the university college and are specially trained in the archaeology and historical geography of the land as it relates to the interpretation of biblical and other historical events.
PASTOR AND PARISHIONER STUDY TOUR – March 24-April 8, 2019
This two week introduction to the biblical setting of the Scriptures will enrich your knowledge and appreciation of Scripture through exposure to the land and people of Israel. Your faith is strengthened as you become more alive to the reality of biblical events by experiencing their actual locations.
Skilled instructors will challenge your thinking and make Bible reading and teaching come alive as never before. This non-credit program benefits from having the same experienced and academically qualified faculty used in the academic short-term programs.
NOTE: This is a study tour and includes study materials that you will be provided with beforehand. These materials are provided for you to go through and prepare with in order to enrich your experience in Israel.
Materials Included in the program are:
- A copy of Regions on the Run
- Geo Basics in the Land of the Bible
- 7 Regional Study Maps
- Online Access to study materials
- Historical Geography Notebook (This will be given to you once you arrive in Israel)
COST: $5550.00 Canadian (This includes travel, tour costs, food and materials)
*Subject to change based upon exchange rate and flight/travel costs
- If you are over 50 you will have to provide a medical of Health from your Doctor. (Some doctors charge for this form to be filled out). Jerusalem University College will provide you with the form to give to your Doctor.
- You are responsible for acquiring your own travel insurance (which you must have to participate in the tour).
- Mature individuals 18 years of age or older.
- Complete the application.
- Be in good physical condition.
- If 50 years or more, doctor’s exam and approval needed.
- Sign appropriate waivers of responsibility and health statement.
- Pay the appropriate fees.
- Sign up below (fill out the personal Information form and you will be contacted by email and be provided with the application form and a full payment schedule early in the New Year – January 2018).
- By January 30, 2018 – A non- refundable deposit of $300.00 CAN is due to secure your spot (we will not be accepting deposits until January 1, 2018). Deposit may be paid below online, in the office or at Guest Services.
- A fee schedule will be determined in January 2018.
- All funds will have to be paid in full by December 2018.
- We are limited to 45 spots.
If you have any questions feel free to connect with Pastor Shawn at the office at 604.792.6844 or you can email him at email@example.com
An extension to Jordan is available to add on to your trip (for approximately $1600.00 Canadian) after the regular Pastor-Parishioner program. This is an adventure into the land of the Moabites, Edomites, Reuben and Gad. This optional 2.5 day add on excursion after the regular Historical Geographical Settings programs, or incorporated into your Special Program, will have you in the deep canyons into Petra, the dramatic city carved out of rock by the Nabateans; strolling the main street of Jerash, an ancient Roman city of the Decapolis where you will learn Roman city planning and see beautiful Byzantine architecture; viewing the Promised Land from a Patriarch’s viewpoint on Mt. Nebo; and admiring the famous ancient mosaic map of Palestine in Madaba. This extension is dependent on adequate enrollment.